2 tsp quick dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 3/4 cups warm water
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Vegan Ranch Dressing, plus extra for serving
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp coarse salt
Everything bagel seasoning (optional)
Directions1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Stir in salt, olive oil and Vegan Ranch Dressing.
2. Gradually stir in flour with a wooden spoon. When the dough starts to be more difficult to work, continue with your hands for about 5 minutes to obtain a dough that is smooth and homogeneous but still soft and sticky.
3. Cover and let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
4. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough 20 times and place on a floured board.
5. Cut dough into 10 equal parts. Roll each part into a long roll (about 20”) then twist into a pretzel shape. Place on a baking sheet.
6. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
7. Let pretzels rise for 15 minutes near the oven. While you’re waiting, beat eggs with 2 tbsp of water.
8. Brush pretzels with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt and everything bagel seasoning, if desired.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown.
10. Allow to cool on rack.
11. Serve with Vegan Ranch Dressing on the side.